Veritable Vegetable is seeking a full time Account Manager to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers and to contribute to Sales Department goals.
- Meet goals established for assigned customer accounts: volume, margin, credits, etc.
- Interact with customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, handle all transactions including sales orders, invoices, credits, etc.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses
- Quote standard prices; identify and get approval from Sales Manager for pricing strategies for individual accounts
- Provide ongoing account support: understand customer needs, direct resources as needed, resolve account problems
- Provide customers with product samples
- Monitor sales activity (sales goal, volume, trends, history for each account), analyze activity and prepare reports for Sales Manager
- Conduct in-store visits to provide face-to-face time and visual assessment of store
- Monitor market conditions, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales
- 2 years of experience in sales or customer service
- Produce industry experience required; retail produce experience a plus
- Knowledge of produce varieties and seasonality
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce
- Comfortable with office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver
E-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.