Commercial Drivers at Veritable Vegetable act as ambassadors of our company’s mission, culture and policies. They effectively execute truck routes, generating business and ensuring the highest levels of safety, compliance with all State and Federal regulations, customer satisfaction and environmental sustainability.
Regional Drivers pick up and deliver throughout California and the Southwest. Our longest route is six days out and back; most routes last from 2-5 days, depending on the route. Local drivers return daily to the warehouse.
At Veritable Vegetable we own our fleet; our equipment is state of the art and meticulously maintained!
- Thoroughly prepare for the truck run by reviewing all paperwork, conducting vehicle inspections, and gathering all required materials prior to departure. Plan, be mindful and anticipate situations that could impact timely delivery and pick up. Communicate with Dispatch to problem solve and minimize business disruption.
- Accurately complete all paperwork, conduct vehicle inspections, and relay information gathered to appropriate departments.
- Effectively deliver produce and/or freight. Meet established customer deadlines and ensure security of product en-route and at the customer site.
- Ensure safe delivery of product to Veritable Vegetable.
- Engage with customer to gather information and identify opportunities for Veritable Vegetable to improve and build business.
- Monitor equipment condition and performance, proactively identify potential mechanical problems and report accurately and promptly to Trucking and/or Fleet Managers to ensure all equipment is in safe operating condition at all times.
- Valid commercial Class A driver’s license and DOT medical card and be an insurable driver
- Strong understanding of driver safety protocols
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State (DOT) hours of service regulations
- Expert backing skills
- Proficient in use of all manual and power equipment
- Clear understanding of acceptable produce quality at both pick-up and delivery points
- Maintenance of a clean driving record
- Previous experience performing basic mechanical repairs and equipment maintenance procedures or willingness to learn
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English, strongly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to bending or squatting, climbing into and out of trucks
- Ability to drive long shifts
- Some exposure to petroleum products, exhaust fumes, moving machinery and loud noises
- Regular exposure to changing weather conditions such as ice, rain, snow, blowing dust, heat, etc.
Please provide a copy of your cover letter, resume and DMV printout to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-920-0448