Veritable Vegetable’s Training Manager provides for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training programs to ensure highest levels of staff competence. Evaluate effectiveness of training and refine programs accordingly. Work closely with Department managers to determine training needs and ensure that training initiatives are developed that support company processes, policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop, and deliver training company wide, using most effective delivery methods based on the content and audience so learners transfer learning to on the job performance.
- Direct management of Training Staff
- Motivate and develop skills to effectively deliver training programs as designed
- Authority to hire, review and terminate Training staff
- Oversee training for all new hires to ensure appropriate competency levels are achieved upon completion of training.
- Train managers, supervisors and other staff to deliver training.
- Confer with management to identify training needs based on operational requirements, changes and other factors
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other materials
- Develop and implement methods to track and maintain staff training records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures to ensure job competencies
- Manage the development and maintenance of all training materials in a cost effective manner to reduce duplicative effort and unused materials.
- Provide leadership and support to Safety Committee in order to develop and deliver effective Safety programs
- Coaching and developing others
- Thinking creatively
- Working collaboratively internally and externally
- Developing and building teams
- Taking responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Being flexible about work hours and schedule
- Continuously learning and teaching others
- Knowledge of blended learning strategies and instructional methods including classroom, on-line, self-paced training; demonstrations, on the job training, meetings and conferences
- Remain up-to-date on trends and developments in the learning field and incorporate into organization programs as appropriate
- Effectively introduce and champion new ideas
- Understand and act in accordance with Veritable Vegetable’s mission statement values in the workplace
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Train and teach others
- Communicate, present and report effectively both in writing and speech
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
- 5+ years working in training and education management in a business environment
- Experience with structured on-the-job training programs
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership techniques.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite programs and databases
- Experience with and knowledge of material handling equipment a plus
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, sit, keyboard and perform a variety of other physical functions as needed
- Ability to work in varying environments including the ability to withstand cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for varying periods of time
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed