COMMERCIAL DRIVERS at Veritable Vegetable act as ambassadors of our company’s mission, culture and policies. They effectively execute truck routes, generating business and ensuring safety and compliance with all State and Federal regulations, customer satisfaction and environmental sustainability.
REGIONAL DRIVERS pick up and deliver throughout California and the Southwest. Our longest route is six days out and back; most routes last from 2-5 days, depending on the route.
LOCAL DRIVERS pick up and deliver through the Bay Area and return home daily.
VERITABLE VEGETABLE OFFERS:
- Cash Per Diems for overnight routes
- Weekly and Flexible Home Time
- Late Model Kenworth Trucks
- Trailers Equipped with Lift Gates, and Electric Pallet Jacks
- Thoroughly prepare for the truck run by reviewing all paperwork, conducting vehicle inspections, and gathering all required materials prior to departure.
- Accurately complete all paperwork.
- Following established routes, effectively deliver produce and/or freight. Meet established customer deadlines and ensure security of product en-route and at the customer site.
- Establish positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Monitor equipment condition and performance, proactively identify potential mechanical problems.
- Maintain vehicle in clean and working condition.
- Proficiently use all department electronic devices.
- Follow all procedures to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Operate all equipment safely incorporating defensive driving techniques, basic on-the-road courtesy, and considering weather conditions, to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Ensure proper loading and securing of product to prevent movement or damage in transport.
- Follow established accident procedures.
- Understand VV’s safety policies, procedures and best practices and comply with safe use of equipment, safe lifting practices and food safety requirements.
- Valid commercial Class A driver’s license and DOT medical card and be an insurable driver
- Strong understanding of driver safety protocols
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State (DOT) hours of service regulations
- Expert backing skills
- Understanding of acceptable produce quality at both pick-up and delivery points
- Maintenance of a clean driving record
- Mechanical aptitude
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English, preferred
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to bending or squatting, climbing into and out of trucks
- Ability to drive long shifts
- Some exposure to petroleum products, exhaust fumes, moving machinery and loud noises
- Regular exposure to changing weather conditions such as ice, rain, snow, blowing dust, heat, etc
Salary Range: $19-$28/hour DOE