Serve as the public face of Veritable Vegetable and first point of contact for customers, vendors, and applicants. Screen and direct multi-line telephone calls and walk-ins, and provide administrative support to all departments to ensure the smooth functioning of our operation. Ensure VV kitchen and restrooms are kept clean and stocked in an environmentally sound manner and in accordance with Food Safety regulations.
- Manage company switchboard
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business and announce visitors to the appropriate persons
- Send daily invoices to customers
- Sort and process mail to ensure it goes to the proper department
- Assist Office Manager with ordering and stocking food for VV meal program
- Assist VV Managers with a variety of clerical duties
- Assist Marketing Communications department with photo shoots and company events
- Provide informational materials and set up snacks for tour groups
- Participate as required in other tasks as directed by the Office Manager to achieve department goals.
- Assist Office Manager in daily maintenance of office, kitchen, and bathrooms.
- Understand and follow VV’s safety policies, procedures and best practices including food safety, safe use of equipment and safe lifting practices.
- Serve as back-up for Office Manager
- Provide warehouse support as requested
- At least 1 year of full time work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and databases
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs. without assistance
- Must be able to lift more than 45lbs. with assistance
- Must be able to type repetitively on a keyboard
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis
- Must be able to work in varying environments including the ability to withstand cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for several hours at a time.
- Must be able to follow safety procedures (i.e., proper lifting techniques)
WAGE RANGE – $18.00 – $22.00/hour, depending upon experience