Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the VV community. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the positions listed below. To apply for a position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax a resume to: 415-920-0448.
Please do NOT send unsolicited resumes. If there are no positions listed below, then we are not currently hiring and are not accepting applications. Please continue to check this site regularly as we post positions as soon as they become available.
Buyers at Veritable Vegetable develop and maintain strong relationships with VV’s farmers and vendors contributing to our company’s goals of actively improving the sustainable food system by supporting organic farmers, increasing access to fresh produce, strengthening communities and cultivating a fair and dynamic workplace. The Purchaser is a full time and salaried position.
- Develop and maintain a supplier base that aligns with current customer needs and future opportunities
- Maintain, grow and strengthen relationships with organic vendors, obtain information about product availability, place orders, establish prices and resolve quality issues
- Represent our company as the grower’s distributor of choice
- Communicate our company values to staff, our community and all outside contacts
- 3+ years of experience in the Produce Industry, preferably in organic produce
- Knowledge of organic produce varieties, organic growing practices, quality standards and seasonality
- Outstanding relationship building skills; ability to manage strong vendor relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Proficient in MS Office suite software applications and utilizing databases
- Knowledge of logistics and ability to work closely with our Transportation Department
- Self-motivated, highly organized team player
- Effective time management skills
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit
- Strong writing skills; experience with marketing communications (i.e., writing blogs)
- Strong technical skills; ability to analyze and suggest improvements to database applications
- Field training experience with growers (e.g. crop planning, production planning)
- Knowledge and/or experience in food safety compliance
TO APPLY, please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Veritable Vegetable is seeking a full time Account Manager to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers and to contribute to Sales Department goals.
- Meet goals established for assigned customer accounts: volume, margin, credits, etc.
- Interact with customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, handle all transactions including sales orders, invoices, credits, etc.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses
- Quote standard prices; identify and get approval from Sales Manager for pricing strategies for individual accounts
- Provide ongoing account support: understand customer needs, direct resources as needed, resolve account problems
- Provide customers with product samples
- Monitor sales activity (sales goal, volume, trends, history for each account), analyze activity and prepare reports for Sales Manager
- Conduct in-store visits to provide face-to-face time and visual assessment of store
- Monitor market conditions, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales
- 2 years of experience in sales or customer service
- Produce industry experience required; retail produce experience a plus
- Knowledge of produce varieties and seasonality
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce
- Comfortable with office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver
E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Commercial Drivers at Veritable Vegetable act as ambassadors of our company’s mission, culture and policies. They effectively execute truck routes, generating business and ensuring the highest levels of safety, compliance with all State and Federal regulations, customer satisfaction and environmental sustainability.
Regional Drivers pick up and deliver throughout California and the Southwest. Our longest route is six days out and back; most routes last from 2-5 days, depending on the route. Local drivers return daily to the warehouse.
At Veritable Vegetable we own our fleet; our equipment is state of the art and meticulously maintained!
- Thoroughly prepare for the truck run by reviewing all paperwork, conducting vehicle inspections, and gathering all required materials prior to departure. Plan, be mindful and anticipate situations that could impact timely delivery and pick up. Communicate with Dispatch to problem solve and minimize business disruption.
- Accurately complete all paperwork, conduct vehicle inspections, and relay information gathered to appropriate departments.
- Effectively deliver produce and/or freight. Meet established customer deadlines and ensure security of product en-route and at the customer site.
- Ensure safe delivery of product to Veritable Vegetable.
- Engage with customer to gather information and identify opportunities for Veritable Vegetable to improve and build business.
- Monitor equipment condition and performance, proactively identify potential mechanical problems and report accurately and promptly to Trucking and/or Fleet Managers to ensure all equipment is in safe operating condition at all times.
- Valid commercial Class A driver’s license and DOT medical card and be an insurable driver
- Strong understanding of driver safety protocols
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State (DOT) hours of service regulations
- Expert backing skills
- Proficient in use of all manual and power equipment
- Clear understanding of acceptable produce quality at both pick-up and delivery points
- Maintenance of a clean driving record
- Previous experience performing basic mechanical repairs and equipment maintenance procedures or willingness to learn
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English, strongly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to bending or squatting, climbing into and out of trucks
- Ability to drive long shifts
- Some exposure to petroleum products, exhaust fumes, moving machinery and loud noises
- Regular exposure to changing weather conditions such as ice, rain, snow, blowing dust, heat, etc.
Please provide a copy of your cover letter, resume and DMV printout to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-920-0448
Warehouser workers receive, warehouse and ship fresh organic produce in a safe, accurate and timely manner while maintaining high quality standards with minimal product loss.
SCHEDULE : MON 1 pm-9:30 pm, TUES OFF, WED OFF , THURS 2 pm – 10:30 pm, FRI 2 pm-10:30pm, SAT 2 pm-10:30 pm, SUN 2 pm-10:30 pm
We require a month long training. During this training period, the schedule varies and includes several day shifts.
- Pull customer orders in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Complete pick slips accurately and neatly
- Build safe and sturdy pallets and load product to meet truck completion deadlines
- Participate in the safe and efficient flow of incoming product to ensure timely availability of product for order pulling
- Provide accurate accounting of received product
- Be familiar with storage requirements, product sensitivity and handling needs
- Stock incoming product, rotating new stock into old, and dating lots
- Understand and comply with VV’s safety policies, procedures and best practices and encourage co-workers to do the same
- Maintain warehouse in a green, clean and orderly condition
- Report equipment and facilities issues to Warehouse Supervisor and Facilities Manager
- Successfully complete training on the safe use of material handling equipment and consistently operate equipment in a safe manner
- Report product quality issues to Team Lead and Inventory Control
- Attend and participate in Warehouse crew meetings
- Participate as required in other tasks to ensure achievement of warehouse department goals
- At least 2 years of full time work experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to consistently lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance
- Must be able to lift more than 55 – 70 lbs. with assistance
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete floors for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to follow safety procedures (i.e., proper lifting techniques)
- Must be able to work in varying environments including the ability to withstand cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for long periods of time