We’re mission driven. We are passionate about the environment, sustainable food systems, and social justice.
If this resonates with you, VV is the right place for you. We have a rigorous work ethic and invite you to join our important efforts. We are looking for motivated, curious, creative people who share our enthusiasm for making the world a better place.
We Support our People
Veritable Vegetable is committed to providing a fair, dynamic and healthy workplace. We strive to improve the quality of life for our staff both in the workplace and beyond. In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer all full-time employees benefits and training.
- Health, dental, and life insurance for yourself and a spouse or domestic partner
- Employee Assistance Programs for counseling at low, or no cost
- 401(k) plan in socially responsible mutual funds
- Referral bonuses
- Flexible holiday and leave policies
- Infant support benefits
- Commuter reimbursement
- Credit for four massages per year
- Boot allowance for drivers and warehouse workers
- Section 125 pre-tax Cafeteria plan
- Free organic meals and snacks
- Access to fresh, organic juices
- Worker Food Program enabling you to bring home produce
- Incentives for voting in elections
- Extensive in-house training program
To love what you do and feel that it matters–how could anything be more fun? –Katherine Graham
We invest in professional development, education, and training for all employees to ensure the highest quality performance, safety, and leadership throughout the company.
Join our Community
To apply for a position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and complete the job application for the position.
If there are no listings below, then we are not currently hiring. Please do not send unsolicited resumes. Check back regularly for new postings!
Warehouse Maintenance Mechanic
This is a hands-on position that both performs and supervises the work. The Warehouse Maintenance Mechanic provides for the effective maintenance and upkeep of all VV warehouse structures, grounds and equipment in an environmentally sound manner to maximize efficiency of operations and ensure employee comfort and safety.
- Coordinate and perform all maintenance and repair activities pertaining to the facilities and related equipment including: dock equipment, refrigeration rooms, refrigeration mechanicals, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, solar equipment, fire/life/safety and kitchen
- Supervise 1 Maintenance Mechanic; plan work schedules, assign duties, communicate job expectations and monitor the work to assure accurate and timely completion
- Coordinate and oversee activities of all third-party contractors; determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities
- Provide for and manage facility grounds upkeep and improvement
- Plan for, budget, schedule and oversee all facility modifications and upgrades
- Call for, acquire and maintain requested warehouse certifications and inspections to ensure VV’s compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Take charge of all facilities emergencies; take corrective action and ensure appropriate back-up is available as needed
- Identify and pursue opportunities to ensure that all warehouse systems and building materials set the standard for energy efficiency and resource conservation, demonstrating VV’s reputation as an environmentally progressive company
- Initiate and carry out projects that improve operational efficiency and employee safety.
- 3+ years of hands-on maintenance experience, preferably in refrigerated food storage & distribution.
- Experience with and knowledge of Refrigeration Management Systems, and Fire/Life/Safety systems
- Experience with and knowledge of material handling systems
- Knowledge of basic mechanical machinery and repair of same
- Knowledge of architecture design development, construction documents, and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) engineering specifications
- Knowledge of GREEN building certifications, specifications and best practices
- Knowledge of safety principles and best practices in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and project management databases
- Use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to consistently lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance and 55 lbs. – 70 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to operate equipment used in semiskilled trades, forklift, power and hand tools, etc.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, crawl and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis
- Must be able to work in varying environments including the ability to withstand cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for long periods of time
- Must be able to be on-call and work nights and weekends as needed
- Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the job application for this position.
For more information about our company, please visit the About Us section on our website.