We’re mission driven. We are passionate about the environment, sustainable food systems, and social justice.
If this resonates with you, VV is the right place for you. We have a rigorous work ethic and invite you to join our important efforts. We are looking for motivated, curious, creative people who share our enthusiasm for making the world a better place.
We Support our People
Veritable Vegetable is committed to providing a fair, dynamic and healthy workplace. We strive to improve the quality of life for our staff both in the workplace and beyond. In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer all full-time employees benefits and training.
- Health, dental, and life insurance for yourself and a spouse or domestic partner
- Employee Assistance Programs for counseling at low, or no cost
- 401(k) plan in socially responsible mutual funds
- Referral bonuses
- Flexible holiday and leave policies
- Infant support benefits
- Commuter reimbursement
- Credit for four massages per year
- Boot allowance for drivers and warehouse workers
- Section 125 pre-tax Cafeteria plan
- Free organic meals and snacks
- Access to fresh, organic juices
- Worker Food Program enabling you to bring home produce
- Incentives for voting in elections
- Extensive in-house training program
To love what you do and feel that it matters–how could anything be more fun? –Katherine Graham
We invest in professional development, education, and training for all employees to ensure the highest quality performance, safety, and leadership throughout the company.
Join our Community
To apply for a position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the job application for the position.
If there are no listings below, then we are not currently hiring. Please do not send unsolicited resumes. Check back regularly for new postings!
Regional Class A Driver
Commercial Class A Drivers at Veritable Vegetable act as ambassadors of our company’s mission, culture and policies. They effectively execute truck routes, generating business and ensuring safety and compliance with all State and Federal regulations, customer satisfaction and environmental sustainability.
Regional Class A Drivers pick up and deliver throughout California and the Southwest. Our longest route is six days out and back; most routes last from 2-5 days, depending on the route.
For more information about our company, please visit the About Us section on our website.
We offer Class A Drivers:
- Cash Per Diems for overnight routes
- Weekly and Flexible Home Time
- Late Model Kenworth Trucks
- Trailers Equipped with Lift Gates, and Electric Pallet Jacks
- Will provide training to newly licensed Class A Drivers
- Rich Medical PPO Plan, Dental, Vision, 401(k) w/4% MATCH, Paid Time Off, GREAT FOOD BENEFITS & MORE…
- Veritable Vegetable has a COVID-19 response plan to protect drivers and follows the CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Class A Driver Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly prepare for the truck run by reviewing all paperwork, conducting vehicle inspections, and gathering all required materials prior to departure.
- Accurately complete all paperwork.
- Following established routes, effectively deliver produce and/or freight. Meet established customer deadlines and ensure security of product en-route and at the customer site.
- Establish positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Monitor equipment condition and performance, proactively identify potential mechanical problems.
- Maintain vehicle in clean and working condition.
- Proficiently use all department electronic devices.
- Follow all procedures to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Operate all equipment safely incorporating defensive driving techniques, basic on-the-road courtesy, and considering weather conditions, to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Ensure proper loading and securing of product to prevent movement or damage in transport.
- Follow established accident procedures.
- Understand VV’s safety policies, procedures and best practices and comply with safe use of equipment, safe lifting practices and food safety requirements.
Class A Driver Qualifications:
- Valid commercial Class A driver’s license and DOT medical card and be an insurable driver
- Strong understanding of driver safety protocols including those related to the current pandemic
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State (DOT) hours of service regulations
- Expert backing skills
- Understanding of acceptable produce quality at both pick-up and delivery points
- Maintenance of a clean driving record
- Mechanical aptitude
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English, preferred
Class A Driver Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to bending or squatting, climbing into and out of trucks
- Ability to drive long shifts
- Some exposure to petroleum products, exhaust fumes, moving machinery and loud noises
- Regular exposure to changing weather conditions such as ice, rain, snow, blowing dust, heat, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Wage: $23.00 to $29.00 /hour
- Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Complete the job application for this position.