January 7, 2021
Cid’s Food Market is located in Taos, New Mexico and is the city’s oldest independent, natural and organic food store. Founded in 1986, Cid’s has grown over the years and is currently a 13,000-square-foot store. Danny Abeyta is the Produce Manager and has been with Cid’s Food Market for twenty-three years! Danny reported that Cid’s recently had their best holiday sales to date. Here are some insights and tips from Danny about what he does that keeps his customers loyal and coming back:
- Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service is the key to keeping your customers coming back and should always be at the forefront! If a customer asks where a product is, staff at Cid’s are trained to walk with the customer to the product’s location and help them find what they are looking for. These small touchpoints go far with providing great service.
- Good Hiring Practices and Great Training: Danny credits the store’s success to a mix of great hiring, modeling, and training. Cid’s Food Market hires staff that are outgoing and friendly. There is customer service training for all staff that are brought on the team. Danny says that the long-time staffers are great role models–demonstrating what it means to always provide great customer service.
- Friendly Culture: The environment at Cid’s Food Market is always friendly. When a customer is within a few feet of staff, they are greeted with a “hello” and feel welcomed. The pleasant environment keeps customers coming back.
- Having a Clean Store: Cid’s Food Market is big on cleanliness. Each department oversees their own areas– always keeping everything tidy and fresh.
- Fully Stocked Departments: Danny believes in the fact that customers shopping in the afternoon should have the same selection as someone who walks in first thing in the morning after the produce department has just been stocked. Danny and his crew clean and restock all throughout the day, making sure every customer that comes through the door has the same exemplary shopping experience.
Cid’s Food Market staff members Esther Kim and Andrew Lampmen (Pictured above left to right).