Cross Promotions for BBQ Season
Picnic and grilling season is here, and folks are looking for specialty and seasonal items to pop on the grill. It’s also one of the best opportunities for cross-merchandising. Over the years, we’ve seen many departments team up to make displays that have been hugely successful.
Here are a few.
- Kellie at Canyon Market sees a bump in sales when she builds a big display of all her grilling favorites like soft squashes, mini peppers, little gem lettuces, spring onions, artichokes and cherry tomatoes
- Sacramento Natural Foods likes to focus on corn, yellow peaches, spring onions, green beans, portabella mushrooms, and melons.
- New Moon Natural Foods in Truckee builds attractive entry way displays of corn, broccoli, tomatoes, pineapple, and stone fruit.
- Adding items from other departments like pickles, charcoal briquettes, buns, skewers, olive oil, BBQ sauce and all the other condiments to your displays will drive sales.
- And don’t forget marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers. No backyard BBQ or camp cook-out is complete without s’mores! Many stores opt for a display of all these support items in their produce department; get your customers thinking about grilling and summer cooking!
Now get outside and eat!