We Work with Growers
Do you grow organic fruit and vegetables? Are you looking to reach beyond your local farmer’s market? We work with growers of all sizes and resources.
Working with us will allow you to focus on the farm while providing broader access to the marketplace. We help you thrive.
How We Work
We are a team of buyers. Each buyer focuses on a group of products and are expert in their commodities. Depending on what you grow, you might talk to all of us!
Here’s how we partner with you:
- Understand your needs & expectations
- Provide relevant trends & up-to-date marketing information
- Guide crop planning & identify market opportunities
- Maintain your label in all transactions; our customers know what farm they are supporting
- Maximize the return made to you; your success is our mission
- Collaborate with our Transportation Department & other carriers for freshest arrivals
- Promote your label on our website and marketing materials
To be interested in food, but not food production is clearly absurd. –Wendell Berry
Labeling & Pack Type
Veritable Vegetable is a certified organic handler. We require all wholesale packages, boxes, or bags to be clearly and legibly labeled with:
- The farm, grower or label name and location
- Identity of the contents (variety or product)
- Quantity (net weight, volume or count per unit)
- Country of origin
- Certification agency of the grower or packer, if sold as organic
Professional packing, consistent sizing, and reliable grading is key to your success. Standard packs exist for just about all produce items but may vary from region to region. Many packaging innovations, particularly sustainable packaging, are developed each season; we help you find the right match for what you grow.
Most fruits and vegetables require proper post-harvest cooling prior to shipping in the wholesale market. There are many affordable technologies for farms of any size. We discuss your resource capacity specific to the crops you produce and share our knowledge.
Veritable Vegetable is GHP/GAP certified by USDA. We can help you prepare a customized compliance plan for your farm. It is not required for you to be food safety certified by a third party to sell to VV. But if you are, please let us know; some, but not all, of our customers require it. We help you navigate the latest regulations.
There is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem. –Booker T. Washington