When it comes to planning your Valentine’s Day displays, bringing in florals is an obvious choice. Flowers are typically a centerpiece for this internationally recognized holiday, but there are other items you can go big on to bolster sales. Berries are always a huge hit for Valentine’s Day—and luckily for us, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are all in good supply! Provide shoppers with a great selection and have multiple displays of berries located throughout the department and the store. Since packaged berries are a great impulse buy, be strategic and display berries in the customer’s line of sight. Specialty citrus is another great item to promote for Valentine’s Day. Blood Oranges, Cara Caras, and Kumquats are a few of the popular citruses in season and they look great when they are displayed with berries. Here are a few suggestions to make the most out of your Valentine’s Day displays:
- Merchandise berries at registers and check-out areas to maximize sales.
- Cross-merchandise Champagne or sparkling wine with citrus and strawberries. Keep displays interesting with color contrast and items commonly consumed together.
- Add whipped cream and cheese to refrigerated berry displays.
- Work bouquets of flowers into your produce displays as well as having a grand stand-alone display of flowers in a prominent high traffic area.
- Offer varying sizes of bouquets to fit a various range of budgets. Don’t just focus on the large high-priced holiday bouquets.