February 17, 2023
Winning Citrus Displays
Does citrus fatigue have you seeing orange? Check out our tips to build attractive citrus displays and keep customers excited about citrus.
- Color Contrast: Pops of color are an effective way to draw attention and break up a wall of monochromatic produce. Alternating lemon, grapefruit, and different varieties of tangerines can perk up your orange display. And green avocados love sitting next to citrus.
- Signage/Labeling: Customers want to be able to identify what they are buying quickly. Put up your own signage or use our print ready citrus shelf talkers! Good signage is eye-catching, easy to read, and has all relevant information.
- Sampling: If your store has a sampling program, encourage customers to try before they buy. This is also a great way to introduce less familiar varieties.
- Recipes/Tips: Print out recipe cards and provide storage and cleaning tips. The more familiar a customer is with an item, the more likely they are to buy.
- Cross Merchandise: Create displays of items that are prepared together to encourage customers to buy both. Try mixing asparagus with lemons, Cara Caras with Frisée, or grapefruit and fennel with avocados for salad ideas.
- Brighten with Flowers: Fresh bouquets will brighten your citrus display and create excitement that spring is around the corner!
- Offer Convenience: Bags of citrus are always an easy way to inspire an impulse purchase. Try placing a small display of bagged citrus near the check-out line.